Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 2: Web 2.0

In my opinion this video hit on some very key issues to my generation.  I think that the title of the video is very appropriate.  I agree with the ending remarks that we'll need to rethink a few things...copyright, authorship, identity, rethorics, governance, privacy, commercy, love, family, and ourselves.

Web 2.0 is probably going to affect people who are already in the work force by a great means.  I think it will call for employers to change their ways of getting things done.  I think some of the old school employers will have great reluctance to change and adapt, but with a convincing argument they can be won over.  It would be in their best interests to take advantage of what Web 2.0 has to offer with linking people together, making it easier to share, connect, collaborate, and exchange information.  As far as people who are currently entering the workforce such as ourselves, I would think we are expected to be the most technologically advanced generation and be very familiar with everything that the web has to offer.

I still think there is a great ways to go before everyone will rely on the web.  Some believe that there is too much reliance on the web and technology.  In my opinion there has to be a good medium between using the web and being old school.  There is a certain advantage in many cases of having a hands on edge rather than using the web.  Rethinking all of these ideas for me is going to be how to get things done more effectively and with a better return in your investment of such technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment