Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Ten Years...

I hope to be licensed as an architect...working with a firm that I feel passionate about, creating designs that are meaningful to the community that I am engaged with.  I do not wanna be working on some meaningless projects, yet I understand that architecture is not all glamorous every moment.  From what I understand the profession can be stressful at times, but I think it is what you make of it.  After graduation, I am planning to complete my Intern Development Program (usually a 3 year period), then at some point complete my Masters of Architecture.

As far as my personal life...I am sure that I will be married and have kids by that time. My family will definitely be my everything to me and probably consume me outside of my professional life.  I am looking forward to traveling a heck of a lot more after I graduate and get married.  I feel like I have already been to the most romantic spots in the world and hope to continue that lifestyle.  I intend to stay in the south, but I have no real commitments yet.  I would like to find a permanent spot in the south and travel on vacations as often as possible.  I do not see myself being the type of guy that has his heart set on greed or money... I'll be fine as long as I am having fun at my profession and enjoying time with my future family.  

I hope that my lifestyle will be reflective in being a good steward of things given to me, rather than being too caught up in American consumerism.  I also hope that the type of architecture that I practice can give back to the economy, be green, efficient, and be an investment.  God is the one that I will turn to during all these lifelong decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment