Monday, March 23, 2009

Miscommunication in the Work Setting

Over the past 3 summers and 2 winters I have worked as an intern for an architecture firm in Augusta, GA.  Information can be miscommunicated all the time.  Many of the times information was just not specific enough during meetings.  One of my bosses would tell me or another employee to perform certain duties, but they would not say specifics about what they wanted.  In architecture, specifications can sometimes dominate a project, thus the importance.  Miscommunication can be prevented by being specific, documenting as much as possible whether by taking pictures, writing the facts down, or taking measurements.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the specifications you talked about it this post. When I wrote my miscommunication blog I spoke about being organized but I think you broke it down into a better preventive measure. I have had the same thing happen to me with the many jobs that I have worked in the past. One person telling you to do one thing when another is telling you different. It can get very confusing and can cause many problems for the team, not just personal problems but problems with the outcome of actions. It is very important to be effective with your communication.

    ReplyDelete